What is Provigil?
Provigil is a medication which is prescribed to treat wakefulness in grownups, who feel very sleepy due to such diagnoses as: obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), shift work disorder (SWD), narcolepsy. Of course, the medication will not fully cure all the above mentioned things; it will help to fight with sleepiness which was caused by these disorders. It won’t substitute the lack of sleep. That’s why it is recommended to follow all the advice concerning good and proper sleep.
Stop taking Generic Provigil when you notice the following symptoms:
- Swollen eyes, face, throat, tongue, lips
- Hives, skin rashes, blisters, peels, sore mouth
- Troubles with swallowing and breathing
- Breath shortness, swollen legs, yellow skin and eyes, fever
You should stop taking Provigil immediately, if have these symptoms, because some can bring serious consequences.
What to tell a doctor before he prescribes Generic Provigil?
Tell the doctor about the following things, of course, if you have:
- problems with liver or kidneys
- history of alcohol and drug addiction or abuse
- high blood pressure -heart problems or heat attack
- history of mental health problems, psychosis
- you are pregnant or have the plans to carry a child
The medicines you are taking now, including over-the counter and prescribed, various herbs and vitamins, because this will require the change of the dose
How to take Provigil?
Follow all the directions of your doctor concerning the taking of Provigil. Do not change or exceed the dose. The doctor wil tell you’re the exact and proper time, when it is best for you to take the medicine. Those, with narcolepsy usually take it 1 time a day in the morning. People who suffer from shift work disorder (SWD) take it 1 hour before the work shift. Don’t change the time of taking the medicine, always stick to one and the same hour. Don’t take it before the bedtime, because it can be difficult to get asleep. It is normal to take Provigil with or without meal.
What would be if I overdose the norm?
The symptoms of overdose are the following: troubles with sleeping, confusion, disorientation, hallucinations, pain the chest, high blood pressure, restlessness, excitement, diarrhea, nausea, slow or fast heartbeat.
What to avoid while taking Generic Provigil?
- do not drive a car or get engaged in other activities, which require you to be active, until you understand how the medication influences on you.
- don’t change the daily habits, until consulting with the doctor
- avoid drinking alcohol
What side effects does Provigil have?
- aggressive behavior
- mental problems
- back pain
- stomach upset
Can my child take Provigil?
Provigil is not recommended for children due to the number of side effects observed after such a treatment:
- Tourette’s syndrome
- painful menstruations
- low white blood count
- suicidal thoughts
- seeing and hearing of some additional things when are sleeping
- muscle weakness
How to store Provigil?
After you go and buy Provigil, it is very important to know how to store it.
- keep it under the room temperature between 20° and 25° C
- keep out of reach of children
- don’t share it with other people
Who should not take Provigil?
The medication has its cautions, so it is very important to study them before you order Provigil. It is banned to use it for people who are:
- allergic or developed the allergy to one of the ingredients in the medication.
Tell the doctor about all the remedies you are currently taking:
- Over-the counter, prescribed, vitamins and various herbs.
Provigil can interact with them and it can lead to undesired side-effects. It can also influence on the work of these medications.
- Hormonal birth control pills, implants, shots, vaginal rings, patches and intrauterine device (IUDs).